TABLE OF CONTENTS
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF BALANCING THE NEEDS OF TEAMS AND STAKEHOLDERS
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN CLEAR COMMUNICATION
- TEST YOUR TEAM KNOWLEDGE
- WEEKLY CHALLENGE 4
- COURSE CHALLENGE
Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions WEEK 2 INTRODUCTION
inside this weekCoursera Google Data AnalyticsOf course, you will learn important strategies for dealing with stakeholder expectations while developing clear communication with your team. Always keep stakeholders in mind when making decisions and reporting on data analysis. It is crucial to consider your needs and expectations to ensure the success of any project. This course will provide you with the skills to successfully balance the needs of different stakeholders and achieve a positive outcome. You will also learn how to communicate effectively with your team members so everyone understands the purpose and goals of each project. Once you master these techniques, you can rest assured that everyone involved will be happy with the results of your data analysis. With the right management of stakeholder expectations, you can ensure consistently successful projects.
- Discuss best practices for communicating with the data analyst, including reference to office communications, conflict resolution, meeting facilitation, and status reporting.
- Discuss the importance of focusing on stakeholder expectations
- Identify common data limitations, with specific reference to speed vs. accuracy, and respond to urgent requests
Test your knowledge of how to balance the needs of teams and stakeholders
1. As a data analyst, it is important to communicate regularly. Sharing detailed notes and creating reports are ways to communicate with the people who have put time and resources into a project. Who are these people?
- Involved Parties(Correct)
- subject matter experts
- Customer centric team
Correct: Stakeholders invest time and resources in a project. Sharing detailed notes and creating reports are useful ways to keep them up to date.
2. Which of the following activities does the customer service team perform? Select all that apply.
- Tell others the data story.
- Share customer feedback.(Correct)
- Provide operational leadership for the company.
- Gather information about customer expectations.(Correct)
Right: The customer support team gathers information, shares feedback, and sets expectations.
3. The hiring manager contacts a data analyst to propose a new data analysis project. The analyst has a lot of experience in human resources and believes that the manager is taking the wrong approach, which will cause some problems. Select the data analyst's best practice.
- Complete the project as desired, but allow some time in the future to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Respectfully explain your views and offer the director some additional information to improve the project.(Correct)
- Politely explain to him that he is too busy to take on another project.
- Tell the director you're sorry but you can't work on the project.
Correct: The analyst should respectfully explain his views and provide the manager with some additional information to improve the project.
Test your knowledge of clear communication
1. To communicate clearly with stakeholders and team members, there are four main questions data analysts ask. The first is: who is my audience? Identify the remaining three questions. Select all that apply.
- How can I effectively communicate with my audience?(Correct)
- Why are stakeholders and team members important?
- What does my audience already know?(Correct)
- What does my audience need to know?(Correct)
Correct: The top four questions data analysts ask when communicating with stakeholders are: Who is my target audience? What do you already know? What do you need to know? And how can I communicate with them effectively?
2. A colleague emailed you a question almost two days ago. You know it's going to take a while to find the answer because you have to do some research first. You're too busy for that today. What is the best course of action?
- Please respond immediately with your best guess as to the answer to your question. The sender has been waiting for almost 48 hours and any reply is better than nothing.
- Respond with a brief update, thanking the sender for their patience and letting them know when they can expect a response to their question.(Correct)
- Delete the email. Until you can answer the question, it's not useful information anyway.
- Forward the email to the entire data analysis team and ask if someone can answer the question for you.
Right: The best course of action is to respond with a quick update, thank the sender for their patience, and let them know when they can expect a response to your question.
Research Project Ideas | Like Cho... Research Project Ideas | How to choose the BEST topics for your dissertation, thesis or advanced essay
Research Project Ideas | Like Cho...
Research Project Ideas | How to choose the BEST topics for your dissertation, thesis or advanced essay
3. Focusing on stakeholder expectations enables data analysts to know what goals to achieve. Select all that apply.
- gain trust(Correct)
- Improve communication between teams.(Correct)
- Effizienteres Multitasking
- Understand the project goals(Correct)
Right: Focusing on stakeholder expectations allows data analysts to understand project goals, improve communication, and build trust.
4. A data analyst was asked by a stakeholder to create a report very quickly. What strategies can the analyst employ to ensure that his work is not rushed, answers the right question, and produces useful results? Select all that apply.
- summarize the problem(Correct)
- Work overtime to get the report ready the next day
- Set clear deadline expectations(Correct)
- rephrase the question(Correct)
Right: To ensure your work answers the right questions and produces useful results, the data analyst needs to set clear expectations, outline the problem, and rephrase the question.
5. Ask questions like "Does my analysis answer the original question?" and "Are there other perspectives I haven't considered?" Allow data analysts to perform which tasks? Select all that apply.
- Use the data to come to a strong conclusion.(Correct)
- Help your team make informed, data-driven decisions.(Correct)
- Consider how best to share data with others.(Correct)
- Identify primary and secondary stakeholders.
Right: Asking questions like these allows data analysts to explore the best ways to share data with others, help your team make informed decisions, and use the data to come to a solid conclusion.
Test your knowledge of teamwork
1. Your manager gives you a new data analysis project with unclear instructions and you are frustrated trying to figure out how to proceed. What action can you take next to demonstrate your responsibility for moving the project forward? Select all that apply.
- Meet your manager in person so you can clearly see how frustrated you are.
- Conduct further research to better understand the context of the request.(Correct)
- Email your manager to let them know you didn't explain the project well.
- Set aside time to ask your manager additional questions about the overall goals.(Correct)
Correct: Doing more research and asking questions are effective ways to determine how to proceed with a new project.
2. You are working on a data analysis project with a colleague and you both disagree with what the data is saying. Things get tense. The best thing to do is go to your manager and politely explain that your colleague is analyzing the data incorrectly. Then ask to collaborate with another colleague on future projects.
Correct: Discussion is the key to conflict resolution. If you are in the middle of a conflict, start a conversation so everyone can explain their concerns and find the best way forward.
3. A manager will email you asking for a report by the end of the week. This report type requires a minimum of 10 days to complete successfully. What is the best course of action?
- Call the principal and let him know that no one can meet this deadline.
- Complete the report as best you can by the end of the week to meet the required deadline.
- Forward the email to another data analyst on your team and ask them to report back to you. It's getting late, but at least it won't reflect badly on you.
- Email the director and tell him that you would like to do this, but you think it will take 10 days to get the information he needs. Then ask if you can discuss the possibility of a different schedule.(Correct)
Correct: The best practice is to email the manager to politely explain the timeframe required to properly complete the report.
Ask questions to make data-driven decisions. Weekly challenge 4
1. A data analyst starts a new project for his company's operations team. At the beginning of the project, take a few hours to identify your stakeholders. Which of the following are most likely to be secondary stakeholders? Select all that apply.
- the data analyst(Correct)
- Vice President of Operations
- the project manager(Correct)
- the company president
Correct: Secondary stakeholders are likely to be the data analyst and the project manager.
2. In an online marketplace, _____ includes everyone in an organization who interacts with current or potential buyers.
- Leadership team
- project management team
- customer-centric team(Correct)
Correct: In an online marketplace, the customer support team includes everyone in an organization who interacts with current or potential buyers.
3. There are four main questions data analysts ask: Who is my target audience? What do you already know? What do you need to know? And how can I communicate with them effectively? With these questions, data analysts can achieve what goal?
- Identify primary and secondary stakeholders
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders and team members.(Correct)
- Understand who is managing the data
- Timely execution of data analysis projects
Right: These questions allow data analysts to communicate clearly with stakeholders and team members.
4. A data analyst feels overwhelmed. They are often late to finish work and start missing deadlines. The supervisor sends an email with another project to be completed, adding even more stress to the analysts. How should they deal with this situation?
- Go to the supervisor's office and tell him to give the project to someone else.
- Get started on the new project right away and hope not to miss another deadline.
- Take a few minutes to think about it, then respond with a meeting request to discuss this project and overall workload.(Correct)
- Respond immediately by letting your manager know that expectations of this company are unreasonable.
Correct: You should take a few minutes to think about it, and then respond with a meeting request to discuss this project and overall workload. When people are angry or emotional, it's best to wait until things calm down. Then give everyone a chance to share their perspectives.
5. To ensure that some unusual responses do not skew the results or lead to inaccurate judgments, a data analyst focuses on which element of the data collection.
- sample size(Correct)
- data cleaning
- statistical significance
Correct: To ensure that some unusual responses don't skew results or lead to inaccurate judgments, a data analyst focuses on sample size.
6. A data analyst was invited to a meeting. You review the agenda and realize that your data analysis project is one of the topics to be discussed. How can you prepare for an effective meeting? Select all that apply.
- Plan to be on time.(Correct)
- Create and share a revised agenda that includes much more detail about your project.
- Bring materials to take notes.(Correct)
- Think about which project updates to share.(Correct)
That's right: You can prepare for an effective meeting by showing up on time, bringing notes, and considering which project updates to share.
7. A data analyst immediately joins an online meeting. After checking the agenda, they see that their project is coming to an end. They are very busy and can use this time to stay up to date on their current projects. How should they proceed?
- Mute and turn off the camera, then work on other tasks until your project is mentioned.
- Stay focused and alert during the meeting. Even if some agenda items do not apply to your projects, you can still learn something or contribute something.(Correct)
- Politely tell the moderator that you are leaving the meeting and will return at the end.
- Let attendees know they're having technical issues and leave the meeting to work on other tasks.
Correct: You need to stay focused and alert throughout the meeting. Listening and learning from others are great ways to learn more about your business, your challenges, and your goals.
8. Conflict is a natural part of teamwork. What possibilities are there to transform a problem situation into a productive one? Select all that apply.
- Identify the person who caused the problem so they can take responsibility.
- Before you get into an argument, take a moment to get your emotions under control.(Correct)
- Rephrase the question by asking, "How can I help?"(Correct)
- Request a conversation to better understand the big picture.(Correct)
Correct: To turn a problematic situation into a productive one, rephrase the question, control your emotions, and establish open lines of communication.
GOOGLE DATA ANALYTICS OURSERA ANSWERS AND STUDY GUIDE
Do you like our content? So don't forget to tag us so you can easily find us!
Weekly Breakdown|Google study guide|come back up
Subscribe to our newsletter
Course Challenge Ask questions to make data-driven decisions
1. Scenario 1, Questions 1-5
You've just started a job as a data analyst at a small software company that provides data analytics and business intelligence solutions. Her boss asks her to start a project with a new client, Athena's Story, a feminist bookstore. They have four existing locations and the fifth store has just opened in their community.
After reading the email, you will notice that the acronym WHM appears in several places. You search for it online and the most common result is web hosting manager. That doesn't seem right to you as it doesn't fit in the context of a feminist bookstore. However, you must assume that you are correct and proceed with the project.
Right: Asking questions is a very important part of data analysis. The best way to do this is to send your boss a polite and concise email asking what WHM stands for.
2. Continuation of scenario 1
The data in column F (Survey Q6: What types of books would you like to see more of in The Story of Athena?) are quantitative.
Correct: The data in column F (Survey Q6: What types of books would you like to see more of in The Story of Athena?) is qualitative.
3. Continuation of scenario 1
The attribute in column F is "Poll Q6: What types of books would you like to see more of in Athena's story?" To see if children's literature and feminist magazines are among the most popular genres, create a visualization. This will help you clearly see which genres are most likely to sell during your Women's History Month campaign.
Your view looks like this:
The chart you created shows the percentages of each book genre that make up the total. It's called an area chart.
Correct: It's called a pie chart. Pie charts are effective for showing percentages of a whole, e.g. B. the percentage of customers who would be interested in buying books from different genres.
4. Now that you've confirmed that children's literature and feminist magazines are among the most desirable book genres, review your historical sales record.
Glad to see that the data set contains specific information about children's literature and feminist magazines. This gives you the information you need to make data-driven decisions. Additionally, metrics for children's literature and feminist zines help you organize and analyze the data for each genre to determine if it's likely to be profitable.
Then you will find the total sales for 52 weeks of children's literature. What is the correct syntax?
Correct: The correct syntax is =SUM(D2:D53). The SUM function sums the values in a range of cells. D2:D53 is the specified range.
5. Continuation of scenario 1
After you have familiarized yourself with the project and the available data, present your approach to your supervisor. It provides a scope of work, including key details, a timeline, and how you plan to prepare and validate the data. He also shares some of his first results and the pie chart he created.
Using historical data to make informed decisions about how things might look in the future is an example of which problem area?
- recognize something unusual
- make predictions(Correct)
- discover connections
- Identification of issues
Correct: Using historical data to make informed decisions about how things will go in the future is an example of prediction.
6. Scenario 2, questions 6-10
As you learned in this course, stakeholders are people who invest time, interest, and resources in the projects you will be working on as a data analyst. Secondary stakeholders are usually also responsible for data management. Based on what you can find in the org chart, which of the secondary stakeholders are responsible for managing the data? Select all that apply.
- Project Manager, Strategy
- Data Analysis Coordinator.(Correct)
- Project Manager, Analysis
- Junior Data Analyst(Correct)
7. Scenario 2 continued
Next, the VP wants to understand your knowledge of how to ask effective questions. Think and answer the following question. Select all that apply.
Let's say we've just wrapped up a large event for a client and want to know how satisfied you are with your experience. Please provide some examples of measurable questions to include in your customer feedback survey.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is not at all likely and 5 is very likely, how likely are you to recommend Patel Events Plus?(Correct)
- Would you recommend Patel Events Plus to a colleague or friend? Yes or no?(Correct)
- Why did you enjoy the event planned by Patel Events Plus?
- How would you describe your experience at the event?
Correct: In the SMART methodology, measurable facts can be quantified and evaluated. This can include a scale of 1 to 5 or yes/no questions.
8. Scenario 2 continued
Now the Vice President presents a situation related to solving challenges and meeting stakeholder expectations. Think and answer the following question.
You are working with a data set that the data analysis coordinator should have cleaned up but didn't. Her manager thought the dataset was good to go, but discovered zeros, redundant data, and other problems. The project must be delivered in less than two weeks. How would you deal with this situation?
- Call a formal meeting with the data analysis team to resolve the issue. Please do not invite the associated data analyst as they clearly do not have time to help.
- Contact your data analysis coordinator and insist that the dataset be cleaned up immediately so you don't miss your project deadline.
- Contact the data analysis coordinator about the issue and offer to work with them to clean up the data so the project doesn't fall behind.(Correct)
- Send an email to your manager to inform him or her that the assigned data analyst has not completed the assigned task.
Correct: This situation presents an opportunity to communicate, collaborate, and foster positive working relationships.
9. Scenario 2 continued
Your next interview question is about sharing information with stakeholders. Think and answer the following question. Select all that apply.
Suppose you created a report to provide stakeholders with information about an upcoming event. Describe the benefits of using a report.
- Reports provide live monitoring of incoming data.
- Reports provide a high-level snapshot of historical data.(Correct)
- Reports reflect data that has already been cleaned and sorted.(Correct)
- Reports allow stakeholders to interact with the data.
Correct: Stakeholders invest time and resources in a project. Sharing detailed notes and creating reports are useful ways to keep them up to date.
10. Scenario 2 continued
Your final interview behavior question involves using metrics to answer business questions. Your interviewer will give you a copy of the Patel Events record.
So ask: Patel Events Plus recently purchased a new location for our events. If we asked you to calculate the ROI of that purchase, what metric would you use?
- Events 2019 at the new location (column D)
- Purchase Price (Column C)
- Net profit 2019 (column F)(Correct)
- Date from purchase
That's right: The ROI consists of two key figures: the net profit over a certain period of time and the investment costs. By comparing these two metrics, you can determine your return on investment.
GOOGLE DATA ANALYTICS Coursera WEEK 1 CONCLUSION
To be successful in data analysis, it is important that you can manage the needs of different stakeholders and achieve a positive outcome. This course will provide you with the necessary skills to successfully balance the interests of different stakeholders and create a win-win situation for all involved. You will also learn how to communicate effectively with your team members so everyone understands the purpose and goals of each project. Once you master these techniques, you can rest assured that everyone involved will be happy with the results of your data analysis. Join the learning experience atCourseratoday and master the art of stakeholder management!
previous week 3